Start your family morning breakfast with this healthy & nutritiously Italian Greens & Egg Recipe, go with this filling morning meal.
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 package frozen chopped kale broken into 3 or 4 blocks, 16-ounce
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- cooked rice or bread for serving
- In the Instant Pot, combine the chopped onion, salt, pepper, and some water. Stir to combine.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 5-7 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 5-7 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Do not stir. Place a trivet on top of the vegetables.
- Place the kale on top of the onion.
- Scatter the bell pepper on top of the kale.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice cold cubes and water.
- Remove the eggs and place in the ice bath. Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Place the eggs (still in their shells) on top of the trivet.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg to the hot vegetables and stir until well blended.
- Peel and slice the hard-cooked eggs and gently mix them into the raw vegetables.
- Serve with rice or bread for breakfast
Did you like this recipe?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps me to improve.